Madagascar – A Musical Adventure (TYA)
Seeking children 8+, teens and adults.
When: October 16 + 23
Time: 6:30 – 8:30
Show Dates: January 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28 and February 3 & 4 at 2:00 pm.
Please print and bring this form with you to your audition. This is optional, but will help to expedite your audition process.
All leads listed will be played by adults or older teens. Ensemble will include children, teens, and adults.
Marty: An energetic and talkative zebra who is always full of jokes. He wants to escape from the zoo and go back to the wild. Major singing role.
Alex: The “King of New York,” Alex is a lion who loves to perform and be the center of attention. He and Marty are best friends, but Alex does not want to leave the zoo. Major singing role.
Gloria: A sassy hippo with a big heart who is able to keep a level head when things get crazy.
Melman: A hypochondriac giraffe who is afraid of just about everything.
King Julien: The ridiculous King of the Lemurs who loves to dance.
Maurice: Julien’s sidekick lemur who is desperately trying to keep order in the kingdom. Not a singing role.
The Penguins: Four secret-agent style characters who use their skills to break out of the zoo and commandeer a ship to Antarctica. Must be strong singers and gymnasts/dancers!
Ensemble will play various roles (including many speaking roles) such as lemurs, zookeepers, wildcats, and zoo visitors.
When auditioning at the DCT, please bring the following:
- Current headshot or recent photo
- Current resume. If you do not have a resume, an information sheet will be available at the time of your audition for you to fill out.
- Please come prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway musical that shows your range. A pianist will be available.
- All children under the age of 16 should also be prepared to sing “Do, Re, Mi” from the Broadway musical, “The Sound Of Music.”
- If you elect to only audition with “Do, Re, Mi,” it is not required that you learn 16 bars from another Broadway musical.
SHOULD YOU BE CAST IN ONE OF OUR PRODUCTIONS
A rehearsal schedule will be issued on the first practice. Typically, we rehearse over a combination of two weekday evenings and one weekend day afternoon. During tech week (the last week prior to opening), it is mandatory that all company members be present at all rehearsals. This includes the Saturday to Saturday prior to the first performance.
- Please note: The Wednesday of tech week is usually a “dark” rehearsal night for cast members.
TIPS FOR AUDITIONING
When auditioning with the DCT, remember to do the following:
- Dress for the part! For example, if you want to try out for Cinderella, then don’t come to the audition in jeans and a cutoff t-shirt.
- Stand still when on stage. Try not to shuffle your feet back and forth when you get to the stage.
- Keep your hands to your sides. Keeping your hands to your sides will allow you to stay focused and listen to instruction from the casting committee.
- Learn from the experience and have fun by watching and listening other actors and the casting committee, you can improve!
Additional questions can be directed to
The Delaware Children’s Theatre
(302) 655-1014 | firstname.lastname@example.org