Due to the worldwide pandemic of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Summer Workshops Program. Thank you for your support. We look forward to seeing you for our upcoming theatre season!
Join us for our annual Summer Theatre Arts Workshops!
Marie Swajeski, Founder & past Artistic Director of DCT has spent most of her life involved in theatre and a large percentage of that time, working with children. She created, and then taught, these popular children’s workshops for many years. Donna Marie Swajeski, now plans the curriculum and oversee the workshops. Most of the current workshop instructors have grown up under Mrs. Swajeski’s tutelage and have gone on to pursue theatre-arts educations and have professional theater and teaching experience.
The overall goal of this workshop is to enable young, creative minds to be comfortable with their own voices, bodies, instincts, and ideas. The value of this for children interested in auditioning for, and participating in, theatre is obvious, but these talents will serve them well in all future endeavors.
DCT Summer 2020 Theatre Arts Workshops
Discover your child’s potential. Start your child’s summer off with some mental and physical stimulation. While working and playing with others, your child will participate in activities structured to build self-confidence. Your child will learn, grow, and explore through creativity. Oh, and did we mention they will have lots of fun?
Who: Ages 5-8
Where: DCT – 1014 Delaware Ave, Wilmington, DE
Registration: Click Here to Register
Please download and fill out the Workshop Application Form and Waiver and return to DCT by June 1st.
- Basic Acting Techniques
- Imagination Exercises
- Voice & Projection
- Movement/Mime/Musical Theatre Dance
- Exploration of Various Emotions
- Technical Instruction (make-up, props, costumes)
- Educational Tour of the Theatre
- Scene Study (teens only)
- In order to keep activities age-appropriate, children are divided into two groups, when enrollment numbers allow. Each group has an experienced teacher and at least one assistant.
- Children bring their own lunch and drinks. Cold water is provided during the day. All activities are held inside the DCT building. Unfortunately, we are not set up to provide before and after childcare.
- Skills learned will go on display the last day of the workshop, when the students perform a short play or skit, after which they are presented with completion certificates. Family and Friends are encouraged to attend!
If paying by Check: Please drop off or mail your completed Workshop Application Form as well as a check for the full amount of the workshop to: The Delaware Children’s Theatre, 1014 Delaware Ave, Wilmington, DE 19806
If paying by Credit Card: You may click on the registration links above or call us at 302-655-1014. Your Workshop Application Form can then be mailed, dropped off, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
Enrollment is limited!
Any cancellation must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. A cancellation made prior to June 1 will receive a refund less $200. A cancellation made after June 1 is not eligible for any refund unless there is a verifiable emergency or other situation that will make it impossible for the child to attend the workshop, in which case the refund amount will be determined by DCT.